Scope of Services
The scope of Services as described below, and is divided into Stages 1–6.
- Basic Services
Stage 1 – Design Brief / Lighting Strategy:
a. Attend Brieﬁng / Inception meetings.
b. Assist others with the development of the Lighting Brief.
c. Assist others with the preparation of the Lighting Budget. d. Produce feasibility and/or design reports.
Stage 2 – Concept
a. Attend Design Workshops / Design Team Meetings / Presentations.
b. Carry out conceptual lighting design studies.
c. Produce presentation materials to convey the overall design intent.
d. Assist others in checking that the lighting scheme is within budget.
Stage 3 – Design Development
a. Attend Design Workshops / Design Team Meetings.
b. Carry out further development of lighting design.
c. Prepare Preliminary Lighting Layouts.
d. Prepare Preliminary Lighting Equipment Schedule.
e. Prepare Preliminary Lighting Details (where applicable).
f. Prepare Preliminary Control Intent.
g. Prepare Logical Control Channel Schedule.
h. Carry out typical Preliminary Lighting Calculations.
i. Assist others in checking that the lighting scheme is within the approved lighting budget.
Stage 4 – Technical Design and Production
a. Attend Design Workshops / Design Team Meetings / Mock-ups.
b. Provide assistance to others with the co-ordination of the lighting design.
c. Prepare Final Lighting Layouts.
d. Prepare Final Lighting Equipment Speciﬁcation.
e. Prepare Final Lighting Details (where applicable).
f. Prepare Final Performance Speciﬁcation for the Lighting Control System.
g. Prepare Final Logical Channel Schedule.
h. Prepare Pre-Programming Schedule.
i. Comment on the ﬁnal coordinated construction drawings (as provided by others).
Stage 5 – Construction
a. Attend Contract Meetings / Reviews / Mock-ups.
b. Comment on Contractor’s and/or Manufacturer’s drawings, details and speciﬁcations.
c. Respond to Requests for Information (RFI’s) and Design Change Orders.
d. Respond to Value Engineering.
e. Review and Comment on ongoing lighting installation.
Stage 6 – Hand Over
a. Attend Contract Meetings / Reviews / Focusing / Programming / Defects Meetings.
b. Review ﬁnal lighting installation.
c. Direct the focusing of installed lighting scheme where applicable.
d. Direct the programming of installed lighting scheme where applicable.
e. Assist others in preparing schedules of defects.
This proposal assumes that the Architect (or other Lead Designer) and Electrical Engineer, maintain their usual role and responsibility for the co-ordination of the design and supervision of the lighting installation on site. Stage 4 information is for use by the Architect and Electrical Engineer in the preparation of the construction/tender documentation. The Lighting Designer’s drawings, speciﬁcations and other information is not to be issued direct to the Contractor as tender or construction information.
- Optional Services
The following Services are speciﬁcally excluded from this Appointment but can be provided upon request:
• Building Information Modelling (BIM) and related services.
• Computer Generated Images (CGI) and animations.
• Sunlight design and studies including the hire of testing facilities.
• Design, supervision, construction, testing and evaluation of mock-ups and/or models.
• Design development of custom designed luminaires.
• Formal review or evaluation of ﬁnal building contract or tender documents.
• Review and checking of proposed substitute luminaires, as selected by others.
• Obtaining project related quotations from lighting manufacturers.
• Shop and ﬁeld inspections.
• Whole life cost and running cost reports.
• Final lamp schedule for the Client’s building maintenance staﬀ.
• As built / installed drawings (to be provided by the Electrical Engineer or Contractor).